Our Guest shall be charged one-time fee of 40USD/person as visa fees.
Sustainable Development Fees (SDF)
The Sustainable Development Fee- SDF is a daily levy that every visitor who visit Bhutan as a tourist pays to the government of Bhutan as form of support that helps in development of Bhutan.
Since Bhutan opened our Doors from 1974, tourism has played a critical role in the development and growth of Bhutan.
The main objectives of the SDF system is to ensure that tourists visit in sustainable numbers and that the revenue generated through tourism is shared by, and invested in, all Bhutanese people.
For More information regarding the SDF please visit the following website: https://bhutan.travel/journal/editorial/bhutan-s-sustainable-development-fee
How much is the SDF?
- For International visitor other than Indian Nationals the SDF is USD 100 per person per day.
- For Indian Nationals the SDF is INR 1200 per person per day.
How do you pay the SDF?
- The SDF is collected by the government as part of the visa/permit application process and your visa/permit will be issued only after the full payment of the SDF and visa fees.
- The tour package offered by BLZ tours will include your SDF and visa fees and all the application process will be done on your behalf as part of the services offered by BLZ tours.
What is the services provided by BLZ tours?
The packages offered by BLZ tours covers the following services.
- Process all of your visa on your behalf.
- Provide you with tailor made detailed itinerary.
- Provide all the information required for your travel to Bhutan.
- A minimum of 3-star accommodation (4 & 5 star require an additional premium).
- All meals in designated restaurants and hotels.
- A licensed English- speaking tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- An experienced Driver
- Bottled drinking water
- All entrance fees
- Sustainable development fees, government taxes, etc.
- All assistance before, during and after the tour.
- Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
- These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
- Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on daily package rate.
- A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- Please Note: Children below 12 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNTS.